Riverside and One Housing complete Transfer of Engagements
03 Apr 2023
In December 2021, One Housing became part of The Riverside Group and in Devember 2022 we announced our intention to accelerate our legal integration through a process known as a Transfer of Engagements.
Following consultation with One Housing residents and approval from the One Housing and Riverside Boards and One Housing shareholders, the Transfer of Engagements is now complete.
As of 1st April 2023, Riverside has become the legal landlord of previous One Housing residents and the legal employer of staff at One Housing, with all assets and liabilities having transferred to Riverside. However, for the time being, we will continue to use the name ‘One Housing, part of Riverside’ as a trading name, when communicating about our services to former One Housing residents. You will continue to see this on office signs, uniforms and some of our literature.
As part of the proposed transfer, we ran a consultation with residents which was overseen by a Resident Task and Finish Group and conducted by an independent survey organisation.
541 residents responded to the survey with almost 7,000 residents taking the time to review the information on our website or via email. Only a quarter of residents told us they were not in favour of proceeding with the Transfer of Engagements.
This is a major milestone on our integration journey which is bringing the organisations together over the next few years. This will mean that we can deliver better, more cost-effective services to our residents with common standards and processes.
Significant progress has already been made and we remain focussed on delivering services locally and improving our offer to residents.
Some of the positive benefits to the services and support we are offering include:
- Commitment to invest £1billion in improving and repairing our homes over the next 5 years with a focus on building and fire safety, warmer homes and regeneration.
- Providing an additional £3m annually over the next three years to tackle damp, mould and persistent repair issues on top of our existing investment programmes.
- An annual fund to help support our residents through the cost-of-living crisis. In 2022/23 we committed and delivered a spend of £2.5m supporting thousands of residents and from April 2023 this will be increased to £2.75m for the forthcoming financial year.
This transfer does not impact day to day service delivery to any of our residents and you can continue to contact us and access services in the same way as you do now. It means that:
- You continue to live in the same home with services provided locally by the teams you already know.
- Your tenancy/lease agreement will stay the same – only the name of your landlord will change to The Riverside Group Ltd. Your rights, including rents and service charges, whether you are a tenant, shared owner or leaseholder, will be protected.
- Riverside will continue to deliver the pledges it made when One Housing joined the Group
- We continue our commitment to ongoing improvement of services and the delivery of our Resident Engagement Strategy that we have worked with you to develop.
Find out more about our partnership with Riverside here: One Housing and Riverside Group Partnership | OneHousing