Putting things right

We aim to provide you with the best service but we recognise that sometimes things can go wrong. If this happens, we want to hear from you so that we can make sure we put things right as soon as possible and improve the way we deliver services to all of our customers.

How to raise a concern

Please email your concern to us at ask@onehousing.co.uk. Alternatively, you can call 0300 123 9966.

Our complaints process

Step 1 – Concern stage

We will appoint a dedicated resolutions officer to look into it and aim to respond to you within three working days. We will do all we can to agree a resolution informally.

There are, however, instances where, because of the nature of the issue involved, it’s appropriate to treat it as a formal complaint from the outset.

Step 2 – Formal complaint

If you are unhappy with the outcome of our initial informal investigation, or if it isn’t appropriate to deal with your concern informally because of the nature of what it relates to, we will treat it as a formal complaint and write to you to let you know.

We will assess your complaint and assign it to the most appropriate service manager, who will aim to respond to you within 15 working days. If this is not possible, we will let you know why and agree a new timescale with you.

We may contact you if we need any additional information about your complaint throughout our investigation.

Step 3 – If you remain dissatisfied

We will always do what we can to achieve a satisfactory resolution to your complaint.

However, if you are not happy with our final decision, you can ask any of the following to look at your case. ­­­

  • A Member of Parliament (MP)
  • A Local Councillor
  • A designated Tenant Panel where one exists.

They can help resolve the complaint with us or refer it to the Housing Ombudsman Service.

You can find contact details for local MPs and Councillors on www.writetothem.com.

Step 4 – Housing Ombudsman Service

You can also self-refer your complaint to the Housing Ombudsman Service (www.housing-ombudsman.org.uk or 0300 111 3000) eight weeks after you receive our final response.

Even if you decide to refer your complaint to the Housing Ombudsman, we would still be very happy to continue to try to resolve your complaint in the meantime.

The Housing Ombudsman does not consider all complaints and you may need to refer your complaint to another body.

Complaints about care services should be referred to the Local Government & Social Care Ombudsman (LGO) (www.lgo.org.uk; 0300 061 0614); or to the Care Quality Commission www.cqc.org.uk or 0300 0616161).

Your questions answered

Will someone contact me?

Yes, we will arrange for someone to call you to discuss your complaint.

How long will it take you to respond to me?

If your complaint goes to the formal stage, we aim to provide a response within 15 days. If we cannot do this, we will let you know the reasons why.

What if I remain dissatisfied?

If you consider your complaint remains unresolved following our response, you can ask a Designated Person (your local MP or Councillor, or a designated Tenant Panel, where one exists) to assist you or refer your complaint to the relevant external body for a review. We are keen to resolve your complaint so, if you think we may have missed something, you can call us to discuss further.

Can someone act on my behalf?

Yes. You will need to let us know in writing that you authorise this person to act on your behalf.

Please get in touch with us if you have any questions about our complaints process. For more information about how we use, store and protect your personal data, please read our privacy notice.