For you

    Welfare reform
    The government is making major changes to the benefits system that mainly affect people of working age.

    Universal Credit is the new single payment that is replacing Jobseeker’s Allowance, Income Support, Employment and Support Allowance, Housing Benefit, Working Tax Credit and Child Tax Credit. If you are claiming any of these benefits you will be affected.

    There are also other changes such as the Benefit Cap, Bedroom Tax, Housing Benefit restrictions for 18 to 21 years Local Housing Allowance for the under 35 years.
    Please read our leaflet to find out what the changes will mean for you and how we can help.

    You can also use the Government's benefits calculator to see how your rent and housing benefit may be affected.

    If you want to know more about how we can help you to find a job, work-based training, volunteering schemes, free courses and local projects please contact our Employment and Training team on 020 7428 4327 or 020 7428 4275 or

    Age UK also give information and advice for older people about benefits, care, age discrimination and computer courses.

    If you would like to discuss making a claim or need help, please contact our Welfare Benefit Advisor on 020 7428 4272 or email

    Welfare reform infographic

    We want to hear from you! Share your feedback online