Please follow our tips so you and your family can stay safe when using a balcony.
When it’s warm outside, we open our windows and doors more frequently. However, please remember about the dangers this can bring for young children living above the ground floor.
If you have window opening restrictors, please use them.
If you have a balcony, keep the door locked when you are not using it.
Please also consider installing a child-proof gate that you can keep locked when you are not in the room and don’t want to lock the balcony door. You must never allow young children access to a balcony when an adult can't be present.
Here are a few other things to remember to keep your balcony safe:
- Never lean over, sit or climb on the balcony wall or railing
- Never try to pass items to someone on another balcony
- Never try to climb onto another balcony from your balcony
- Keep balcony furniture away from the railing and heavy enough so children can’t drag it to climb up on
- Never stand on balcony furniture
Please make sure everyone, especially children, know the dangers of behaving carelessly on a balcony or leaning over them.