We are working hard and have plans in place to ensure customers and staff are protected and essential services are maintained during the coronavirus outbreak. We regularly update this page, so please check back daily to get the latest information.
Follow the latest advice
With so much conflicting and often false information going round we're advising customers and colleagues to follow advice on how to prevent or minimise the spread of coronavirus from authenticated sources of information, including the NHS and Public Health England. In addition, colleagues working in our care and support schemes are following advice from the Care Quality Commission, the independent regulator of health and social care in England. You can also find the latest news and advice on the Government's website or why not join the Government's coronavirus WhatsApp service which provides official, trustworthy and timely information and advice. Find out more about the service and how to access it.
Thousands of pubs, restaurants and hairdressers across England have been given practical, clear steps they can take to reopen safely over the coming weeks. New Covid-19 secure guidance for the hospitality sector and hairdressers means businesses will be able to reopen in England from this weekend, provided they meet government criteria for keeping staff and customers as safe as possible. You can find out more about the guidance and criteria here.
On these pages you can find lots of useful information:
- What you can expect from our repairs service
- What we’re doing to keep our estates and communities clean and safe - and how you can help
- Which staff are classed as key workers and what essential services they are providing
- Useful information about paying rent, including advice related to your employment status and circumstances
- Our commitment to you if you're worried about your income
- What’s happening in our care schemes
- Answers to your frequently asked questions.