One Housing have developed these eight recruitment principles to ensure we have the best people in the right jobs, working as One team to achieve our vision:
1. We select only the most capable people who share our values and actively contribute to our teams and culture. We do not settle for less under any circumstances.
2. We keep our promises to candidates and communicate openly and honestly with them, whatever the outcome. We understand that a great candidate experience is the beginning of a great employee experience.
3. We believe talent selection is vital for us to be a succesful business and a fun, inclusive place to work. Therefore, only our well-trained and supported managers lead the recruitment process.
4. We don't rely solely on an interview to appoint to any role. We design processes and assessments that allow us to measure capability, behaviours and shared values.
5. We know that being a people manager requires specific skills, abilities and outlook and we look for these when recruiting new managers.
6. We measure outcomes and find opportunities to improve our recruitment and selection processes.
7. We use technology to make recruitment simpler for our candidates and hiring managers.
8. We are committed the Leadership 2025 principles and sponsors of Women in Social Housing and believe that our Senior Leadership Team should reflect our workforce and the communities we work with. We apply the 'Rooney Rule' when shortlisting for all positions at Band 4 and above as part of our commitment to ensure diverse representation in our leaders.