For you

    Moving home
    If you want to transfer or move to a different property, the process varies slightly depending on where you live.

    Choose from the following options: Moving to or within Tower Hamlets or All other residents.

    If you are unsure about which region you live in or who your landlord is, please contact the allocations team on 020 8821 5230 or email us.

    You must end the tenancy on your current home before you move out. You must inform One Housing at least a month before you want to move. If you receive housing benefit you must also tell the Housing Benefit department. The last day of your tenancy must be on a Sunday and we will continue to charge you rent until you have handed in your keys. The keys should be returned to the One Housing offices by midday on the following Monday.

    Housing Moves
    Housing Moves is the Mayor of London’s scheme to helps social tenants in London to relocate to other parts of the capital. All council tenants and housing association tenants can apply, as long as they have a secure or assured tenancy. To find out more visit the Housing Moves website.

    We want to hear from you! Share your feedback online