What does the estate services team do?
From cutting the lawn to cleaning floors, from picking up litter to getting rid of graffiti, our specialist team is out and about in all weathers making sure our estates are kept clean and tidy. Here you can find out exactly what the team does and how often they do it.
- Thorough clean of staircases, landings and lobby areas (includes dusting, cleaning floors, wiping inside of windows, windowsills, walls, handrails, bannisters, skirting boards, light fittings entrance doors)
- Clean communal ground floor windows inside and out
- Clean communal doors and lobby fire door surrounds
- Sweep kerbs and parking bays
- Check and report any lightbulbs that need replacing
- Check and report any new repair issues
- Litter-pick all communal areas, inside and out
- Sweep refuse areas
- Remove or report bulk rubbish
Twice a week
- Put bins back in store areas after being emptied by local council
- Disinfect lids and inside bins
- Clean bin store doors inside and out
- Clean light fittings
- Spot clean carpeted areas and check if deep cleaning needed on stairways
- Clean staircase edging
- Sweep/power blow underground car parks
- Scrub and mop external corridors and balconies walkways
- Clear any leaf or litter build-up around drain areas
- Clean communal windows inside where accessible
- Sweep front door areas and steps
- Litter-pick around communal entrances and outside areas, including car parks
- Clean communal front door glass
- Sweep and mop any hard flooring in communal lobby and lift areas
- Remove weeds from front garden beds surrounding the entrance
- Clean lift floors and doors (internally and externally)
- General tidy of bin stores, including rotating bins where necessary
- Report any bulk/fly tipped items
How does your garden grow?
Looking after our green spaces and communal gardens is another important part of the team’s work. Here are details of their gardening tasks and how often they carry them out.
- Report or deal with any dead/diseased plants or health and safety issues in all garden areas
- Complete litter-pick of all lawns, beds and walkways
Fortnightly (March - October)
- Mow lawns and remove grass clippings
- Remove weeds
- Trim shrubs (according to season and type)
- Sweep/use leaf blower on pathways and car parks
- Apply weed killer to hard surfaces and paths (carried out by gardeners with appropriate qualification – PA1/PA6)
- Weed and feed lawns and, where necessary, treat mossy areas
This isn’t all they do though. Our teams aren’t ones for walking by – when they see something that needs dealing with, they’re on it. It might be litter that needs picking up, chewing gum that needs removing, dirty marks on doors, walls or windows that need cleaning, faulty lights that need replacing – all those things that you will take care of inside your home to keep it looking nice – they make sure it’s sorted out.
Everyone has a part to play
Of course, it’s everyone’s responsibility to do their bit to maintain pleasant and safe surroundings and to help achieve that we ask all our residents to make sure you:
- put all rubbish in the correct containers, bin chutes and/or bin stores
- don’t leave belongings or rubbish in communal areas, including landings and corridors
- don’t drop litter and clean up any mess or spillages
- make sure all fire and security doors are closed
- don’t let dogs foul any outside areas, including gardens and pathways, and pick up any dog mess
- don’t fly-tip (you can arrange removal of any bulk waste with your local council – this is usually a free service)
- let us know if you spot something that needs to be dealt with!
Join our estate walkabouts
We also carry out monthly walkabouts around our estates to keep an eye out for any cleaning, repairs, grounds maintenance and health and safety issues that need to be addressed. We encourage you to join us - it’s really helpful when residents point things out that might have been missed. The inspections take around an hour and you don’t need to commit to coming every month – just when you have some time spare and it’s convenient for you. Check out when inspections are taking place in your area: Camden, Isle of Dogs, Berkshire, North region, East region.
If something's not right, please let us know!
Despite our best intentions, there may be times when we aren’t aware of an issue that needs to be dealt with. Or maybe the level of cleaning isn’t up to standard. Please do let us know if you see something that needs to be addressed, or to let us know if we need to improve the way we deliver our estate services. You can get in touch by calling on 0300 123 9966 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.