However, our residents are responsible for the minor repairs within their home, unless they are vulnerable or require extra support.
The following repairs are some examples of residents’ own responsibilities:
- Window glazing (unless damage is due to wear and tear).
- Keys/lock change/access.
- Units, door handles and hinges, securing doors and/or drawer fronts.
- Splash back tiles behind the sink, wash basin and bath surround.
- Leaking or dripping taps (including mixers).
- Bath and sink plugs and chains.
- Repair/renew shower heads, including hose.
- Repair or renew bathroom cabinet.
- Renew sealant around bath, wash basin or kitchen sink.
- Repair or renew bath panel including side and end framing.
- Repair internal doors, handles and latches (we will repair fire doors).
- Door numbers, knockers, bells and additional security measures.
- Lubrication of catches and hinges.
- Cracks or fractures in plastering.
- Light bulbs and tubes (unless in communal areas).
- Fuses and plugs (unless in communal areas).
- Residents' own cookers or other white goods including connection.
- Smoke alarms (if fitted by tenant).
- Bees and wasps nests (residents must contact their Environmental Health Office).
- Any other pests (mice, rats, ants, etc.) if they only exist in your home.
- Blocked toilet, sink, bath, wash hand basin (if damage is due to resident misuse).
- Replacement of toilet seat.
- Refix garden gate or fence.
We will only do these repairs on request, with a minimum charge of £150. So if you have a friend or relative who can help, please ask them first to save unnecessary cost.
DIY at home
Our Employment and Training team is running a series of practical DIY at home courses where you can learn everything from changing a light bulb to unblocking a toilet! The courses are free for all One Housing residents who are over 16.
Where and when
The courses take place throughout the year at regular dates - please look out for notices and letters! You can also contact Aryam Isak directly to sign up for a course - on 020 7428 4327 or by email at email@example.com.
Please contact our Customer Contact Centre on 0300 123 9966 or 020 8821 5300 if you have any questions or queries.